[SECC] CQWW RTTY

Subject: [SECC] CQWW RTTY
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 9:49:46 -0400
score = ZERO

I was going to play in the CQWW RTTY contest but there seems to be a problem
with either my interface or radio. Here is the interface I am using from the
AA5AU RTTY
page :

 http://www.aa5au.com/gettingstarted/rtty_start5.htm

 http://www.aa5au.com/gettingstarted/rtty_start6.htm

I am using MMTTY with N1MM. When I plug the interface from my remote plug on
the
IC756PRO to the serial port on the computer it just sends a tone and puts the
radio into transmit.
I checked my wiring and it looks right to me. I am using the RTTY , PTT and GND
pins on the
remote plug on the Icom.

Only thing I can think of is there is a problem with the remote plug on the
IC756PRO or I have something setup wrong in the program.  I had a nearby
lighting strike this summer that damaged my
CIV port... (had that fixed) maybe it did something to the remote jack as well,
 even though nothing was plugged into it back then. I spent about 3 hours on
Friday night trying to figure it out and gave up and went to bed.  Any
suggestions from the RTTY experts out there ???

Jeff