[SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC

Subject: [SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:32:51 -0400
  It's just bad news to have a RTTY and SSB or CW contest the same weekend. The
problem seems to be on mainly 40 meters. The gentleman's agreement according to
the ARRL bandplan
is 7040 for DX and 7080-7100 for other RTTY contacts. This is unrealistic
during a major RTTY contest like CQWW. I listened this weekend and heard wall
to wall RTTY stations from 7025-7100.

CW operators could complain about SSB operators encroching on their territory
as well. During
a major SSB DX contest there are SSB stations that I have heard as low as 7010.

Technology has driven all this... with MMTTY it has made it easy for anyone to
get on RTTY with
little or no investment in the specilized equipment that used to be required.

Unfortunately nothing will change until the new bandplan goes into effect.
Until then we all have to just live with each other....

Jeff