[SECC] Circle shifting

Subject: [SECC] Circle shifting
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (K4SB)
Date: Thu Sep 30 15:31:01 2004
John Laney wrote:
> My inclination would be that, unless the members concerned agree between
> themselves, we would want to leave the circle where it is permanently
> situated at that time and not move it to include someone if that would
> result in leaving out someone who wants to participate.  In many cases,
> it may be that one will be making a full-time effort with a big station
> and the other won't and they might agree between themselves.  I
> certainly wouldn't want to be the referee if there is not agreement.
> 73, John, K4BAI.

Someone recently posted that W4OC ( and he and Cort are the controls )
prefers domestic contests. IF such is true, no one would be excluded
by a shift in an ARRL DX contest.

I emphasize again that the proposal is exactly that, a PROPOSAL! It
must be approved before anything else happens. And the proposal
specifically specifies that a majority of the members voting must
approve the shift IF and WHEN circumstances might favor it.

The important thing is to vote.

73
Ed