Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 13:52:37 -0600
I think it's too late for that Jim. The ARRL is not going to withdraw their
proposal. The petition is already to the FCC. The only
way to defeat it now is for EVERYONE to send in their comments opposing the
change. If it is not defeated, it becomes law and we are
stuck with it.

Only after the proposal is defeated should any dialog be opened with the ARRL
in order to present a petition which would eliminate
the existing symbol rate and replace it with a reasonable bandwidth limit or to
allow digital signals of 2.8 kHz to reside in the
PHONE and IMAGE section of the band instead of the existing Digital/CW section.

Don AA5AU