Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

To: Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 10:24:04 -0800
On Nov 23, 2013, at 10:04 AM, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:

> I don't think we should be asking the FCC for a specified bandwidth limit at
> this time. Our actions should be geared toward getting
> the FCC to dismiss the ARRL proposal.

Correct, Don.  But if you read my earlier posting, the ARRL is *also* sneakily
proposing a change to expand the bandwidth in their proposed change to 97.307
(f) (3).

I don't know who drafted in that change, and even the Board of Directors may
not be aware of that sleight of hand.  All the propaganda from HQ is about
changing symbol rates, but they had to sneak that bandwidth item in.  Nothing
to do with symbol rates, but very detrimental to digital subbands.

If you write to your director, be sure to mention that they need to carefully
read the petition, especially the 2.8 kHz part, to be sure that they know what
they had signed up to.

73
Chen, W7AY