Re: [RTTY] Distortion

To: "Michael Furfari" <k3fh@adelphia.net>,"Schulz Jonathan" <jonathan.schulz@siemens.com>,<rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Distortion
From: "Anthony W. DePrato" <wa4jqs@mikrotec.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:47:13 -0500
At 08:52 PM 8/23/2004 -0400, Michael Furfari wrote:
I agree with Jon's feelings that we should let each other know.....I remember way back in 1967

SNIP
Yes i must agree also.. in 62 i had key clicks with my transmitter on cw and was glad that a few of the guys let me know about it. got some help and fixed it.. but this day and time i worry about telling someone his signal is not what it should be. I have told a few and i do try to be nice and also offer any advise if they wish it. most are nice about it and thank you BUT there were a few that told me where i could go. one even told me he could care less what his signal sounded like that he was making contacts and that was all that mattered. I spend most of my time on cw now but still work rtty and here is where i am finding the worst signals anymore. the sound card has been both a blessing and a curse they have put many stations that would never had went to the trouble getting on rtty that some of us did years ago just wish they would take time to read how to adjust the audio input/output . I think it is our duty to let our fellow hams know when there is a problem But lets do it the right way.. heard one guy tell another ham "hey man your signal sounds like #%!% get off the air and fix it " no wonder some of the new guys do not like to have anyone tell them they have a problem
73 Tony

QBE ZUT DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group