Re: [RTTY] Distortion

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Distortion
From: Ekki Plicht <ep@plicht.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:31:29 +0200
On Tuesday 24 August 2004 11:54, Shelby Summerville wrote:
> "Schulz Jonathan" <jonathan.schulz@siemens.com> wrote: "I set up RTTY with
> the help of AA5AU's webpage, and believe I am putting out an acceptable
> signal, my question is IF I wasn't would you guys tell me?"
>
> A question that I have asked, numerous times, with only few answers! I
> would feel very disappointed if I had a distorted signal, or any of the
> other problems that have been described, and no one told me!  I would
> suspect that 99.9% would feel the same way?

I wish it were so.
Most times when I have told someone that his or her RTTY or PSK31 signal was
distorted, had spurious side emissions etc., I got very rude replies, from
"get a better receiver" to much more offensive remarks.

Without wanting to be too specific I think it's a trait more commonly found on
this side of the pound then on your's, Shelby, hi.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR