RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Edge / SunRay Uodate

To: Dave <rocketnj@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Edge / SunRay Uodate
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2024 20:02:00 -0500
TV's with rabbit ear antennas were a big problem back then, despite the broadcast towers being line of sight just a few miles away. Those neighbors with outdoor antenna never had a problem, ever right next door. The only explanation I could think of was that various poorly bonded pieces of metal near the rabbit ears, perhaps in the walls, were generating harmonics. Rabbit ears also picked up all sorts of reflections, which even the simplest of outdoor antennas would fix.

My most recent TVI complaint was just after the switch to digital TV, maybe 10 years ago. A neighbor to the NE had a set top converter and rabbit ears, which I could wipe out with 10 W on 10 meters. A bunch of ferrite cores on the cables took care of it at 1500 W, and I even got my ferrite cores back eventually.

Thankfully, TVI just doesn't seem to be an issue any more.

73,
Scott K9MA