RFI

Re: [RFI] New ARRL Mission statement > Was solar fix

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] New ARRL Mission statement > Was solar fix
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2024 11:36:29 -0700
On 7/27/2024 11:13 AM, Joe wrote:
We need to get the AM Broadcasters onboard and join us.

I'm a longtime member of SBE (Society of Broadcast Engineers). That fight by AM broadcasters has been going on for decades, and they keep on losing. At least 30 years ago, the Chief Engineer of 50kW WLS licensed to Chicago, told me that he was fighting noise from Ford ignition systems that was so bad that the station was being wiped out in their across town!

73, Jim K9YC