[Karlnet] Wacko Karlnet

Subject: [Karlnet] Wacko Karlnet
From: wireless@peake.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:44:16 -0400
What a day ;) Now my reliable notebook with Orinoco PC card is acting up. This laptop has been off for a few weeks. I turn it on this morning and I'm unable to connect to the Net. The TurboCell signal strength in the systray shows good. I have a public IP address assigned to this LT. Nothing has been added/removed from the Laptop and the Wireless Network in the Control Panel (w98se) shows all the right setting like Frequency, Network etc.

I used to be able to run the Karnet ConfigeV Bridge Configuration program and actually looks at my AP and other CPEs that I have (AP and CPE are all public IP, really small network).
Now when I open remote config and press the scan button I get the "Unable to locate any device" error.

I've rebooted the AP and the two other CPEs that are outside the building are working just fine.

But my Spare CPE is also not working before and after I flashed it from a SR-4100 to a SR-4200. Using a crossover cable and NIC I can access the CPE, use the configV program to flash etc but I'm unable to get the CPE to talk to the AP.

Open to suggestions.

Thanks
Chris
wireless@peake.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude/F-Prot AV]