[Karlnet] PPPoE issues

Subject: [Karlnet] PPPoE issues
From: "Norm Young" <lists@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:44:27 -0700
I've got a client up on one of the new Ubicom bridges, and am using PPPoE to
authenticate and control bandwidth.   I can get a PPPoE session to establish
itself, but it doesn't hold, dropping the connection after 5-20 minutes.
I've tried switching the client over from the internal PPPoE client in a
Dlink router to the one shipped with WinXP, but it's the same results.   The
signal strength at the client isn't great, S/N=13dB, and I've set the xmit
rate down to 1Mbps, but still the same problem.

Anyone else had this problem?  Can I dither MTU/MRU to fix this?   I'd like
to start using Radius on these new Ubicom bridged clients, but I'm afraid I
don't know enough about it.   PPPoE works (sometimes!) in a bridged
situation, but as soon as you start routing it's not going to work.

Norm