Re: [CQ-Contest] Unique WPX callsigns worth it ?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Unique WPX callsigns worth it ?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 18:59:58 -0400
There are three CQ WPX contests  RTTY, Phone and CW.

With the exception of "Classic" there is no unassisted category so most
serious competitors will do some mult clicking.

>From the US, I just operate with my FCC issued callsign but many borrow or
use club callsigns since it does add to everyone's fun.  It probably does
not help the score significantly because there are thousands of active
prefixes.

John KK9A

Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:

2 x CQWPX
contests?

Do you feel it increases your score any appreciable amount ? 5%? 10%

Not being assisted very much I have very limited experience "clicking on
spots" but I can at least imagine a scenario whereby S&Pers are only
clicking on Mults and not also regular Q's who would not have a unique
prefix...but how much, I have no idea.

Thoughts?

Mike VE9AA

Mike - Keswick Ridge, NB, Canada