Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Scoring Question

To: Tonno Vahk <tonno.vahk@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Scoring Question
From: Randy Thompson <k5zd@outlook.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 18:46:08 +0000
I agree with you that creating sub qualifying areas within qualifying regions
creates complexity without solving any problem. It made sense as a way to
compare northern and southern Africa or Oceania, but not for the smaller high
density regions.

This is compounded by the UK limit on number of teams.

Qualifying regions are designed to bring contesters from around the world. Not
necessarily the best ones. Another challenge that distorts the qualification
process.

The rules are set. Good or bad we are stuck with them.

Randy k5zd