Re: [CQ-Contest] "Back in the day" -- Single- or Multi-op?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "Back in the day" -- Single- or Multi-op?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:28:47 -0500
I remember back in the late 60's when you had to keep dupe sheets for Field
Day. Everything was on paper. We had huge sheets of paper that had each
callsign area (0 through 9) divided into columns with A through Z.
Oftentimes a non-licensed person would be keeping the dupe sheets. We would
just show them how it worked and tell them what to enter.

Over the years I've worked mostly CW on Field Day. A lot of people were
amazed that I could work people and log them on a computer at the same
time. They didn't know that I'm used to it.

73, Zack W9SZ