Re: [CQ-Contest] "Back in the day" -- Single- or Multi-op?

To: Lee Hiers <lee.hiers@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "Back in the day" -- Single- or Multi-op?
From: Stan Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:23:29 -0400
Our club used loggers during Field Day as a way to get newbies
partially involved with the QSO. Newbies would have trouble making the
contact and working the computer at the same time.  Half an hour to an hour
of logging gave newbies a chance to get some experience before taking the
mic. They would work with the op to determine the call and exchange. Worked
well with S&P, but with an experienced op running, sometimes the logger
would get behind because they weren't working as closely with the op.

They thought I was Superman when they saw me operate and log at the
same time.
Stan, K4SBZ