Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW Results - Did Anyone Else Notice?

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>, John Crovelli <w2gd@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX CW Results - Did Anyone Else Notice?
From: Ron Notarius W3WN via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 00:29:30 +0000 (UTC)
 Implications not withstanding, is there any actual proof that KO1A/IZ3EYZ
deliberately intended to violate the rules?
For that matter, implications not withstanding, is there any actual proof that
KO1A/IZ3EYZ operated improperly if not illegally?
And for that matter, has anyone actually discussed this (off reflector) with
KO1A/IZ3EYZ prior to this being posted?
I do not condone illegal operating.  That said, I am not comfortable with
allegations if not accusations being made without giving the other party an
opportunity to respond.  There may well be extenuating circumstances that were
not in the original email, that others may not have been aware of, which may
easily explain the alleged discrepancies.
There are also no indications that this matter was raised to the contest
committee prior to the email being sent.  Is it not possible that the committee
was already aware of the potential issue and had resolved it?  And if nothing
improper actually occurred, is it any of our business?  Do we really have to
hear, and argue about, dirty laundry that is all basically gossip?
And on that note...
There have been at least 2 or 3 occasions over the years where someone has made
allegations about a contester's operating on this reflector, or other
reflectors & social media, which have resulted in good operators walking away,
whether they should have or not.  The Court of Public Opinion is all too easily
swayed by implications and allegations that often turn out to be
mis-interpretations if not outright falsehoods.  Should we not be sure of the
facts before making public accusations?
This entire allegation, which has serious implications for multiple operators
IF more or less accurate, is built on an entire series of "if" statements.
Where are the facts?
73, ron w3wn
    On Saturday, August 19, 2023 at 02:25:28 PM EDT, John Crovelli