Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting/Computer glasses?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting/Computer glasses?
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 12:29:57 -0600
Years ago, when I started using progressive bifocals, it was clear that they were not good for some activities, including using computers. I just asked my optometrist for 3 prescriptions: reading, computer screens, and distance. (The distance glasses are for night driving.) Since I'm very nearsighted, I have to use prescription glasses. Originally, the computer glasses were focused at 22 inches, but as screen resolution has improved, I moved closer, about 16 inches. Any optometrist who has recently tested your vision can write a prescription for any distance you choose. You can get single-distance glasses very cheaply from the discount opticians, if you're not too fussy about the frames.

73,
Scott K9MA