Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE COPY

To: john@kk9a.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE COPY
From: af5cc2 <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 20:09:32 -0600
Some do that on FT8, others call with the grid first. I remember one VHF
contesting post encouraging to call with the report first to speed up QSOS Sent
via the Samsung Galaxy A10e, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: john@kk9a.com Date: 2/15/21  6:42 PM
(GMT-06:00) To: cq-contest@contesting.com Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE COPY I
wonder how the RTTY operating practice of sending the report when callinga
station started? I have only heard U.S. stations doing this and it wasconfusing
the first time I heard it. You're correct about it starting a yearor so ago,
are FTx QSOs made this way?John KK9AJim Brown K9YC wrote:Yes. But one very bad
habit we need to nip in the bud is those who maketheir initial call with their
complete exchange, covering up other callers.I first encountered it perhaps a
year or so ago. I refuse to work them, andhave a macro for "only send your
call." We need to track down the source ofthe software/sample macro files that
are programmed to do this.73, Jim K9YC (was KU6W this weekend)