3830

[3830] CWopsT OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 20:18:49 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Aug 17

Call: OH5ZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP21SA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  22
   20:  31
   15:   4
   10:
------------
Total:  57  Mults = 48  Total Score = 2,736

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The geomagnetic unrest that I mentioned in my
previous summary started to pick up after 1700Z
and was already near a 100 gigawatts of Aurora
at the start of the 1900Z session. It will most
likely reach some 150 GW at its peak...

Weaker signals were very fluttery on 14 MHz and
the geometry was such that HB9 and South German
signals were booming in with also Western Europe
joining later in the session. Still surprised
by Carlos PY4XX calling in. No USA East Coast
but on 21 MHz Greg W1KM came again fluttering
in and Doug KR2Q weak giving me some ??s ---
The only decent path was to CR6K and EA1X.

Finally after 1940Z 7 MHz was busy with booming
signals and plenty of Auroral flutter on some.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops
was also workable.