[Skimmertalk] 2-way communication between logging programs and Skimmer waterfall

Olof Lundberg olof at rowanhouse.com
Wed Dec 22 03:15:49 PST 2010

WinTest has a great facility where WinTest itself listens to spots
transmitted from the WinTest telnet client on the local network. You can run
a number of WtDXTelnet clients in parallell picking up spots from clusters,
individual skimmers and RBN. You can run those clients on your WinTest PC or
on any other local networked PC. Wintest's bandmap will be populated and
dupes, new stations and multiplyers will be flagged accordingly. No other
software is required. Works like a charm. If you are into clicking and you
have WinTest/CAT configured properly your radio will follow your clicks. BUT
PLEASE learn to listen before that - there are unfortunately way too many
lids out there who misuse technology and transmit blindly causing
great aggravation.

73s, Seasons greetings, keep warm and have fun   de    Olof G0CKV