[Skimmertalk] 2-way communication between logging programs and Skimmer waterfall

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 03:27:40 PST 2010

IMHO, this is a very nice Writelog feature but only a small piece of what I
was pointing to and essentially a limited implementation, because here
everything flows down from locally Skimmer-decoded callsigns.  It is a much
more powerful and universally useful implementation if it all flowed from
the logging program bandmap - it would then include stations spotted or
skimmed by others as well as stations I spot (ID) locally.  Thus I'm hoping
for the logging program bandmap to overlay the spectral display.  Also, I'm
just guessing, but I think N1MM Logger's market share is probably MUCH
greater than Writelog.

I'm not a programmer, but perhaps a simplistic way of doing this is
providing the same granularity level options (Khz per pixel) and both
horizontal/vertical options in the bandmaps of logging programs and spectral
display programs and then the user could position/size abutting windows.

73, Barry N1EU