Re: [WriteLog] save configuration

To: Dick Green WC1M <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] save configuration
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 10:19:38 -0700
On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 12:36 PM Dick Green WC1M <wc1m73@gmail.com> wrote:

> While the window statuses (which one are open, docked/undocked) are in the
> .wl file, the position and sizes of the windows are in the ini file.

hi Dick - I appreciate that everyone is posting what they believe happens.
But in the Tools menu there is a Recover Window Layout that you can do, and
you can recover from any other .wl file. So if all that is really stored in
the .ini how could you recover positions and sizes from older logs? :)

By the way, that's become one of my favorite WL commands! I sat down
yesterday in the multi-user space that I contest in, started a new log, and
the Entry window was missing! So your supposition about the previous
contest for new logs may be right.

To be fair, the docs do say: "Tools Recover Window Layout - When you do a
File Save, WriteLog saves its current window layout in the .WL file. Use
this command to recover just the window layout."

Hopefully someone who knows the nuts and bolts will weigh in. Cheers!

73 jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ WK6I ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com
RTTY op at W7RN