Re: [WriteLog] save configuration

To: Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au@bellsouth.net>, 'Writelog Reflector' <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] save configuration
From: Ed W0YK <ed@w0yk.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 05:39:02 -0700
Date: 7/20/19  05:28  (GMT-08:00) To: 'Writelog Reflector'
<writelog@contesting.com> Subject: Re: [WriteLog] save configuration Good
question but I don't know the answer. I can tell you I only do a
SaveConfiguration when I change something. When I start a new contest, I
importthe messages, Save the file with a filename, do any other
changes(add/delete/move windows or change the keying port for CW or RTTY), do
aSave Configuration, and then Save the file again. From there I normallynever
had to make any changes.Don AA5AU-----Original Message-----From: WriteLog
[mailto:writelog-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of JeffStaiSent: Saturday,
July 20, 2019 12:11 AMTo: Writelog ReflectorSubject: [WriteLog] save
configurationI've been using writelog since the turn of the century I think.
There aresome things I do, because back when I learned how to get writelog to
dowhat I wanted it to do - and not get burned or lose things - those thingsjust
seemed to work. It's almost like a ritual or incantation.One of these things is
save configuration. When setting up for a contest Ibet I do a save
configuration 100 times. Every time I set a parameter orenable something
it's:Save FileSetupchoose Save Configurationclick OK...because I don't want to
lose what I have done and start over.I have questions.1. Why is save
configuration still a tedious three click task? Why isn't ita one click button
like file save?2. I'm going to guess the answer. It's because save
configuration isactually something you almost never have to do so why make a
button for it.Right?3. If that is the case, then I must be doing save
configuration about 99times too much...?4. So then, what does save
configuration really do?73 jeff wk6i-- Jeff Stai ~ WK6I ~
wk6i.jeff@gmail.comRTTY op at W7RNTwisted Oak Winery ~
 mailing
listWriteLog@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/writelogWriteLog
 on the web: