[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night

To: <222Activity@groups.io>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night
From: "Allen Oldfield" <aoldfiel@stny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 10:06:47 -0500
I was pleased with the contacts that I had last night:

CALL

GRID SQUARE

MODE

DISTANCE (Mi)

N2OA

FN03va

FT8

87.5

VE3DS

FN03fq

FT8

169.1

N2JMH

FN12bw

FT8

72.9

NZ3M

FN10pd

FT8

141.4

K1RZ

FM19jh

FT8

199.5

WZ1V

FN31rh

FT8

232.2

K1ZK

FN34jj

FT8

239.9

WA3NUF

FN20ke

FT8

165.0

N1JEZ

FN44

USB

291.6

K1WHS

FN43mj

USB

310.5

WZ1V

FN31rh

USB

232.2

WA3EOQ

FM09jo

USB

215.3

I started out on SSB and went to FT8 to look for stations West and Southwest of
me.  The beam was pointed SSW when I worked Phil (NUF).  I had moved the beam
to his direction when I heard Jim (N2JMH) and worked him off the back of the
beam.

All of the SSB signals were strong.  After working WZ1V on SSB I (briefly)
heard another signal in there but that didn't develop.  I also worked Ron on
FT8.  That…just for the fun of it.

Thanks to all who came out last night and, from the appearance of the ON4KST
chat page, there were a lot.

73,

Al - W9KXI

FN12ne