Re: [VHFcontesting] TT rotor question

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] TT rotor question
From: Donald Fox via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 01:43:19 +0000 (UTC)
 Paul and Bill:
Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to avoid having to take a drill up the tower
to solve the issue, but that may be where I end up.
I neglected to mention that I have 2 20 foot sections of 2 inch heavy wall
aluminum pipe for the job. If they were steel, no way could I manage the weight.

I am surprised that the TT does not have some kind of serrations or other rough
surface where the mast sits in the rotor to help things stay put.
Something to put in as a flat strip to furnish more grip on the pipe was what I
was hoping for.

Don
     On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 03:53:39 PM EDT, Paul N1BUG FN55mf