Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom & 222 Activity

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Icom & 222 Activity
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 16:28:28 -0500
I am a homebrewer and all of my equipment 902 and above is homebrewed. I'm
still using the W1VT no-tune transverter for 222 that has a 28 MHz IF. It
has been a great performer for 15 years. I'm working on building the W1GHZ
222 MHz transverter. I think it will be an even better performer. I know
it's an extra box to connect up, but I reduced the number of boxes I take
along on portable operations when I got an FT-857, which covers 50, 144 and
432 MHz. I retired my 50, 144 and 432 MHz transverter boxes.

73, Zack W9SZ