[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity
From: Howard Reynolds <wa3eoq@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 10:25:54 -0400
Thanks to Dave, K3SK, for bugging Icom about putting 222 on their vhf/uhf
multimode/multiband radios.  (The others should hear that, too.)  I guess
it's like "is the chicken or the egg first."  If 222 is not on the
multiband radio, no one will know it exists; if it is there, the FM crowd
may just happen to try it (and 144/432/1296) on ssb/cw/FT8.  Otherwise,
it's up to those of us who know about 222 to spread the word on how to get
on the band and why.
BTW, I won't be on for this Tuesday's activity night. WA3EOQ