Re: [VHFcontesting] WZ8D SK

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "newsvhf@mailman.qth.net" <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, Ron Klimas WZ1V <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] WZ8D SK
From: David Benton <wb4jgg@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 02:07:48 +0000 (UTC)
 Yes, very sad news. John was a close friend for decades. I looked back in my
old log books and found when the 1st time I worked John, WB8IGY. It was on
January 7, 1973; just over 50 years ago!We could always count on working John
during contests and tropo band openings. And seeing him at the Dayton Hamfest.
Everybody needs to look him up on QRZ.com and check out all the differentgrid
squares and countries he operated from on 6 and 2 meters. He was my go to guy
to show the local FMers how much better SSB was trying to get interest up for
weak signal operating here in
Tennessee. John will be sorely missed!  73s John/WZ8D.  RIP

DavidWB4JGG em75

    On Monday, January 23, 2023 at 09:30:27 AM EST, Ron Klimas WZ1V