Re: [VHFcontesting] WZ8D SK

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] WZ8D SK
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 15:44:40 -0400
Jack,

You just brought up very fond memories of me working John on one of those
far northern trips of his.

I worked him on 6m MS (easily) and even asked him on-air, if you can
imagine(!) to try 2m where we

proceeded to have a fantastic QSO nearly like Es-but this was 2m MS..a blue
whizzer; the likes of which we rarely see on 2m ! (I recall he asked me to
get some other locals on, but iirc it was super late at night and nobody
else was around-nearby)

We'll miss you John,

RIP

Mike VE9AA (might've been VE1MQ for some of those earlier Q's)

Terry - I remember when John drove up into Canada to activate grids for 6
and 2

in the late 80's.  I would work him when he was driving south on I-75 to

Florida.  He was a great guy.  He will be missed  from Southwest Ohio.

RIP, John - Jack AB4CR

> On 01/22/2023 8:52 PM Terry Price <terry@directivesystems.com> wrote:

> It is with great sadness that I report the passing of my good friend John

> Walker, WZ8D. John was a great operator, rover, pilot, and friend.

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB