[VHFcontesting] WZ8D SK

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WZ8D SK
From: Steven Rutledge <crownhaven@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:09:04 -0600
Thanks Terry for the info.  I knew John for a long time.  He used to rent my house in C6.  He also built the first C6AFP beacon.  It was assembled in a cigar box, installed in the attic and had a short coax run to a Ringo AR-6 antenna.  John was certainly a promoter of six meters.  I had no idea he was ill, if he was.  The beacon is still on the air, now at my brother's house on Green Turtle Cay.  John's passing is a great loss to the six-meter community.

Steve, N4JQQ/C6AFP

73 and RIP John