[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity night

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity night
From: Howard Reynolds <wa3eoq@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 21:12:03 -0500
Ref: Dave's comment about a windstorm fixing VE2XX's antenna.  A few months
ago my 6m Yagi developed an infinite mismatch.  Well, after a local 2m FM
net, there's a 6m SSB net.  Just for grins, I fired up the 6m tx and what
do you know???  The 6m antenna mysteriously started working with no
reflected power.  Don't know why, but we'll see what happens when it gets
cold again (it was unseasonably 50+ degrees here today).  Low temps seem to
have caused the problem in the first place.

Back to 222 Activity.  Nominal signals all directions, though K9MRI said
that I was the loudest he's heard me there in a long while.  However, I
couldn't get any farther west than that.  VE3KG in FN24 had his usual good
signal here,however, I just cannot seem to get one more grid away into
FN25, VE2XX nor VE3FN.  K3SK, FM07 mentioned he thought his antenna was
broken until I worked him.   Also worked K1WHS, WZ1V, VE3ZV and KO4YC.  Saw
several other workable stations on the ON4KST board, but didn't get around
to them; or them around to me - hi.  WA3EOQ, lurking in FM09