Re: [VHFcontesting] FT4 Mode

To: VHF Contesters <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT4 Mode
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 09:59:26 -0700
From my perspective I view the digital modes as a means of completing qso's
that can't be done with traditional analog modes and am happy to trade off
speed for better weak signal performance.   Or I like really fast modes that
can exploit brief propagation modes such as meteor scatter outside of a major
meteor shower.

That being said the activity levels where I live are low enough that if I
manage to work more than 10 stations while activating a rare grid in VE7 land I
consider the trip to be a great success (:   So my perspective may be a bit
unusual (:

I'll be curious to see how this new mode works out in practice.  I appreciate
the efforts of the developers and early adopters / testers.

  In the mean time I am expecting to use JT9 on 50 MHz this season.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ
mark@alignedsolutions.com