Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Contest Branch makes online certificates availa

To: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Contest Branch makes online certificates available
From: Jim via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 13:26:50 -0400
It does not bother me that mailed certificates may be a thing of the past. I
get a mailed certificate in nearly every VHF contest, sometimes for things like
being the 432 MHz low power winner in Ohio. Several years ago I got a
certificate for the January VHF contest for being the QRP portable winner in
WCF, or maybe even the entire Southeast Division, with a score of 2.

I have suggested to my division director that the ARRL adopt use of the
Cabrillo CERTIFICATES:NO tag to at least let people like me opt out. But
nothing had come of that.

I consider it a waste of ARRL money to spend a buck and a half to mail me such
a certificate - money that would be much better spent on RFI, spectrum defense,
or a host of other more worthy items.

73  -  Jim   K8MR