Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Contest Branch makes online certificates availa

To: Alex <alex@kr1st.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL Contest Branch makes online certificates available
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 10:00:58 -0500
On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 8:15 AM, Alex <alex@kr1st.com> wrote:
> Hi Bart,
>
> Does this mean that there will be no more mailed certificates in the future?

That's how I read it.  Plus a further watering down of the "value" of
a certificate by awarding more of them.  I assume that soon any
entrant will be awarded a certificate in some category (SOLP, Icom
746Pro, dipole antenna).  This is not unlike ARRL's theory of
licensing - make the test very easy and give all privileges to those
that pass.

Next up:  3D printed plaques.