[VHFcontesting] IC910H Power Output Question

To: "vhfcontesting " <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] IC910H Power Output Question
From: "MERLE COX " <w7yoz@centurylink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 13:14:47 -0400 (EDT)
The IC910H is specified to deliver 100 Watts on 144 MHz and 75 Watts on 432 MH
z,  but my IC910H and several others I am aware of do not come within 25 Watts
of  this  on either band.  So I w ould like to know what others on the li st
have experienced with this rig?   Mine has been to ICOM twice and both times
was sent back saying it puts out the rated power.  I have checked/changed power
cords, power supplies (ASTRON 35 Am p.), watt meters ( two different Bird 43
with several 100-250 MHz C elements, Drake WV4), short RG8 connecting cables to
Bird and quality loads but still only about 70 Watts on a good day.

Thanks for the input,

Merle W7YOZ