Re: [VHFcontesting] Trends in VHF/UHF Weak Signal Operating

To: vHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Trends in VHF/UHF Weak Signal Operating
From: GeorgeF <av8tor@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 17:13:22 -0500
When I was active I did a fair amount of Satellite work, but here again, we're loosing more satellites than we're gaining. I believe we're down to only 2 working SSB/CW satellites and 1 is older than I am. AO-7 was one of my favorites to work.

But there doesn't seem to be any new SSB/CW sats being launched so I fear that sat ops will also continue to decline.

I just tried to check the AMSAT website. Even its broke, I clicked on 3 different links and the links didn't work....

ARRL - For the first few years I was a ham I was a member. But most of what was in QST and all ARRL seemed to care about was FM FM FM.....oh yeah emergency comms.....ok emergency comms for hams is ok in time of crises, but don't I already pay taxes to some government to take care of emergency comms???? Just a thought, its a hobby, not a job.

George - KI4FIA
www.MilAirComms.com