Re: [VHFcontesting] Trends in VHF/UHF Weak Signal Operating

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Trends in VHF/UHF Weak Signal Operating
From: GeorgeF <av8tor@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 17:13:01 -0500
I agree with this part 100%. I have the card VUCC on 6 meters (actually I'm at 250 grids confirmed) and I have 111 grids confirmed on 2 meters. I never sent in the paper work for VUCC. 1 reason is it seems like a lot of work for a stinking piece of paper that fades with time.

If the ARRL offered a real plaque, even if you had to pay for it would have been a better incentive for me to do the paper work for my 6 & 2 meter VUCC.

George KI4FIA
www.MilAirComms.com

The league has failed to ever make VUCC anything more than the kid
sister of DXCC. They've failed to add "variations" of the award such
as 5 Band VUCC, or "Rover VUCC" that might encourage more activity.
They've failed to offer merchandise in their store to build the VUCC
"brand" among hams. Very few articles have been written in QST about
the exploits of people trying to earn the award. (Not true in the
early days, but certainly now)