Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Infusion

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Infusion
From: jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:14:44 +0000
Good observation by George regarding regular 2 meter activity. Here in Kansas
and Missouri the "2 Meter regulars" have all but disappeared as well. I recall
in the late 80's there was a regular morning group on in the midwest. Many
would be on in the contests to hand out points. No more. Even during the major
tropo openings, only a few ops in this area may show up despite the APRS
showing the bands wide open. Regular activity creates a base of stations
available for contest QSO's.

Quite a few casual 6 meter ops now in the KC metro area due to the HF + 6 meter
radios. Usually they make an appearance in the  big summer E-skip openings and
June VHF 'test. They were not around last weekend in the September contest. -
N0JK