Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Infusion

To: Rick R <rick1ds@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF Infusion
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 17:03:35 -0500
On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Rick R <rick1ds@hotmail.com> wrote:

> For several years, we have tried to have a "VHF Beginners" course that was
> free as part of our annual VHF Conference. Other clubs have done the same. It
> takes time and energy to encourage new VHF'ers, and once they get started, to
> get them up on higher bands.

Mike wrote

Before I would try to move them up to higher bands I would first get
them operating other modes.  Making 100 q's on 50.125 would be a whole
lot more exciting than 2 on 1290 FM Just sayin'

http://ka5cvh.com/radio/vhf/contest.htm

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

"Washington - Read the constitution ... not my emails"

APIC - D1 & D14 - http://www.arrlstx.org
PIO - D14 S/E - http://harriscountyares.org
BayCERT - http://www.baycert.org/

Life is hard, church shouldn't be!