Re: [VHFcontesting] The VHF rules....what do we want??

To: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The VHF rules....what do we want??
From: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:06:48 +0000 (UTC)
Hi David,

>> I find the disparaging remarks about the CAC and VUAC insulting.

I'm sorry you feel insulted.

I'm not much of a V/U operator or contester, but I have been subscribed to this
board for a few years now and I try to regularly read all the points of view.
One of the things I have noticed as a common thread, at leat on this message
board, is that there is a genuine desire to make changes to the rules of ARRL
V/U contests.

The second thing I have noticed is a fairly high level of frustration by the
posters on this board with respect to the lack of sincerity or the appearance
of such by the ARRL V/U contest governing bodies.  Unfortunately, "appearances"
and "disparaging remarks" and tend to be related.

What seems to be lacking is a clear way for the masses, i.e. the participants
on this reflector as well as any other V/U operator, to provide positive
feedback to the V/U bodies, and to gain a feeling that their comments have been
reasonably considered.  I for one would have no idea who or how to provide any
feedback on my contest experience, and if I did know, I certainly would want to
know my ideas were at least considered and not just filed in the "circular file"

Regards,
Paul,
KG7HF