Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules

To: Jim Forsyth <mail@jimforsyth.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules
From: Steve Clifford <k4gun.r@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:07:53 -0400
What the heck?  What happened to the VUAC recommendation about limiting the
number of rover to rover contacts?  If the ARRL is not going to address grid
circling in the Limited Rover category, I don't see why they bothered to
make any changes at all.

I really don't get this.  Why did they even have the VUAC look into it in
the first place?  They made the recommendations and the ARRL ignored it.

Don't get me wrong... I like the rule they did adopt and I have no issues
with the timing of it.  I do agree that leaving the 4th band up to the
operator would have been a better idea, but I can live with their decision.
I just don't get why they went to the trouble of tasking the VUAC to improve
the rules and then ignored the most important change they suggested.

I'm a bit disgusted.

Steve
K4GUN/R