[VHFcontesting] Great idea -- Kudos to Grid Pirates

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Great idea -- Kudos to Grid Pirates
From: "Todd Sprinkmann" <sprinkies@excel.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 11:28:41 -0600
   I am also in favor of making ARRL VHF/UHF contest logs
public, and I have let my VUAC rep know.

   This is a great idea by the Grid Pirates and I will also submit
what I can to their repository.

   As the operator of well-attended SSB and FM nets on 144
and 146 in the Midwest, I am always looking for ways to
contact more potential VHF'ers, to let them know about the
nets, and to increase overall activity on VHF.  Which may
also help get new contesters on the air, or motivate veterans
who have dropped out.

   (Anyone who needs my net info is free to email me directly
and I'll get you up to speed.  We're talking Wed. nights for
SSB, and Thur. night for FM simplex.  SSB is capable of
working from Ohio to Kansas City, MO)

   Again, congrats to the Grid Pirates for taking the initiative on
this.  No layered committees, no gnashing of teeth, just action.
Well done.

    73,
    Todd   KC9BQA   EN63ao    40 N of Milwaukee