Re: [VHFcontesting] A reasonable approach to the grid circlingproblem...

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, w2ev@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] A reasonable approach to the grid circlingproblem....
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:19:00 -0800 (PST)

--- On Fri, 11/21/08, Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com> wrote:

 In fact, despite failing to meet the objective of the contest
> (first rule in each contest),

>From the ARRL website:
Object: To work as many amateur stations in as many different 2 degrees x 1
degree grid squares as possible using authorized frequencies above 50 MHz.
Foreign stations work W/VE amateurs only.

So, the following activites (during contest time) would be in violation of this
objective and the spirit of the contest:

1. Taking time out to sleep
2. Taking a bathroom break
3. Leaving the radio for a while to see the XYL, spend time with the kids, do
some house work, etc.
4. Having less than all possible bands
5. Tuning off the radio due to a thunderstorm

Surprised we don't have more disqualifications than we do.

73s John AA5JG