Re: [VHFcontesting] QST_ June contest write up

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] QST_ June contest write up
From: Rusty Boling <ae4bk@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:56:02 -0800 (PST)
  So basically what everyone is saying is that the rules have no changed enough
to comply with the "spirit" of the contest.  Is a protest in order or has it
got to that point yet?  Would a membership boycott work?  Would a boycott of
the contest work?  Would kinda be a hollow victory (as if it's not hollow
enough) to be that the only winners of the contest were the only participants
that had ZERO competition?  Would zero logs zubmitted be message enough to get
things changed?  Don't wanna be the poster boy for change as I have not
directly been effected by this, but pack rovering, grid circling, etc have all
been talked about for years and years now.  Maybe it's time for action?  This
all coming from someone who has been a member off and on of the ARRL and I know
for sure they definately help ham radio nationally and internationally.  I
don't want anyone to over-react, but a mini-protest/ silent contest might be in
order.  I can see it now.....4 logs submitted in the
 January VHF Contest  all from a pack roving crew, hehe.  Should atleast save
the ARRL some ink money..since line scores were cut out years ago, hehe...Rusty