Re: [VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 66, Issue 57

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 66, Issue 57
From: jon jones <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:52:33 +0000
Les:

Good luck with your indoor VUCC!

I worked VUCC on 2M with indoor antennas (attic). Es, tropo and
being in the central USA helped.

 - Jon N0JK
> > Message: 5> Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:18:38 -0500> From: "Les Rayburn"
> > <les@highnoonfilm.com>> Subject: [VHFcontesting] Big Iron: Chasing VUCC
> > With Indoor Antennas> Blog> To: "VHF Contesting Reflector"
> > <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>,> <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>> Message-ID:
> > <14CE9B94F18C4177B5CD86E60531C58F@LesN1LFPC>> Content-Type: text/plain;
> > charset="iso-8859-1"> > With tongue firmly in cheek, I've started a blog to
> > help journal my persona quest towards earning VUCC on the low bands using
> > indoor antennas. You can view the first few posts, along with some photos
> > of my shack and attic antenna installation at: > >
> > http://n1lf.blogspot.com/> > It's called "Big Iron" with a nod towards the
> > old Marty Robbins gunfighter ballad. Working at a place called "High Noon"
> > exposes one to quite a bit of Western culture, and while installing my
> > antennas, I found myself humming that one. It's actually a very small
> > installation, but it does convert every usable inch of space in my attic int
 o gain...and in that sense, it's "Big Iron" for me. > > While getting started
in VHF/UHF, I never seemed to find a site that was completely geared towards
beginners in weak signal work. A lot of sites lead me to good information, but
a lot of it assumed a level of knowledge that I didn't have, or it gave a brief
introduction with the bare bones, and no way to follow up for additional
information. Hopefully my blog will be able to point out my mistakes, pass
along places where I find knowledge and help other newcomers get up to speed
much quicker than I have. > > Comments welcome! > > 73,> > Les Rayburn, N1LF>
EM63nf