Re: [VHFcontesting] Post-Contest Grid Square Queries

To: "George Fremin III" <geoiii@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Post-Contest Grid Square Queries
From: "David Olean" <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:00:09 -0000
 I read the chess article on the web. Gosh there is a real parallel there
between the chess scenario, and the use of internet spotting etc for single
ops. If you use the internet then you are being assisted, but no one will
know without a judge in your shack. (usually)  I am sure that the prop
loggers are heavily used by all sorts of people during contests. I would
like to see no internet action for all contesters, single op and multi op.
It really takes the mystery out of the competition to have a prop logger
available. Sort of like using a chess program to analyze your move
beforehand.  Now we also have CW skimmer to deal with just like a computer
chess program! What will happen over the next few years in radio contesting?
At this rate, I hate to think about it.  An interesting book recently read
is "The Singularity is Near" by Ray Kurzweil. The next 25 years will be like
nothing else before in all of our endeavors.

73
Dave K1WHS