Re: [VHFcontesting] [NS9RC] Re: Newsline Clarifies statements madeat Auc

To: <NS9RC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [NS9RC] Re: Newsline Clarifies statements madeat Auction Meeting
From: "Joe Serocki" <joeserocki@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:56:35 -0600
I totally agree. I watch this and it is all negativity!!! We need to make
positive statements, press releases and news stories about the hobby!!!

Tell me, what's better, being  on the defending or attacking side of a
conflict? Having the upper hand or trying to guess what the opponent has
going and create a defense? Should we look at the group that is not being
quite as ethical as they should be on a contest and attack them or enlighten
them as to what the rules are and how they are supposed to be interpreted
and cajole them away from 'the dark side'?

All I can say, and don't take this personally, is quit beefing about how
good things used to be or how someone doesn't like us or how someone else is
cheating, and do something about it! Make positive waves! I know, I sound
like a motivational CD, but the truth is we spend way too much time
defending when we should be attacking!

Thoughts, anyone????

Joe Serocki, N9IFG

President, WeLCARS (http://welcars.org)