[VHFcontesting] Orlando Meeting of the Southeast VHF Society inApril

To: Chuck Hoover <cahoovervxm@aol.com>, <fourlanders@contesting.com>,'FLWSS' <flwss@flwss.net>,SVHFS Board of Directors and Officers <bod@svhfs.org>,<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>,"Moon-net@list-serv.davidv.net" <moon-net@list-serv.davidv.net>,<microwave@lists.valinet.com>, <wa4njp@bellsouth.net>,<k4to@arrl.net>, <k4ar@arrl.net>, <rover@wireco.net>,<k4ogb@arrl.net>, <kf4oum@arrl.net>, <ke4hgx@charter.net>,<af4hx@charter.net>, <ke4vvr@comcast.net>, <rubysmith@mac.com>,<thomasland@msn.com>, <w4fnc@arrl.net>, <klcp4@alltel.net>,<wa4pkl@charter.net>, <secretary@shelbyhamfest.org>,<anderson.radio.club@charter.net>, <k4lsc@aol.com>,<riverb@yahoo.com>, <margeson@alltel.net>, <pkoehler@arches.uga.edu>,<w4eee@arrl.net>, <k4ean@bellsouth.net>, <carnsdw@chestertel.com>,<joe@loewy.net>, <ccarc@hamradioman.com>, <k4ytz@arrl.net>,<w4rrc@w4rrc.org>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Orlando Meeting of the Southeast VHF Society inApril
From: John Logsdon <k2sto@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:16:46 +0000

Dear Club Information Officer,

Please pass this along to your members:

The SVHFS group, aka Southeastern Very High Frequency Society, in conjunction
with the Florida Weak Signal Society, [FLWSS], will hold their annual meeting
at the Holiday Inn on the University of Central Florida. The dates of the
meeting are  April 25 and 26, 2008.

Please advise your club members  of the meeting. The Web Pages URL is
SVHFS.org. The Florida Weak Signal Society URL is FLWSS.net. The Society is
composed of people interested in Contesting, weak-signal operating, EME,
moon-bounce and home-brewing/kit construction.

Steve Kostro, N2CEI, of DownEast Microwave is our technical/program chair this
year.

We are still soliciting entries for our design contest and proceedings . See
the Web pages for details.

We will have VHF and higher pre-amp noise figure and antenna testing. Other
program highlights include a dinner speaker, Joe Lynch of CQ magazine, at least
three on-site vendors, an on-site hamfest, an auction of rare and vintage radio
stuff and, of course, our technical presentations featuring new ideas in
contesting, amplifiers, antennas etc.

Typically, SVHFS draws a large crowd, (over 100) so please register early.

Please contact k2sto@hotmail.com with any questions you might have.

If you have not attended one of the national or regional VHF/higher
Conferences, consider this one to try it out. It is close-by and the Hotel is
giving us a great rate. You have to register soon to get the discounts!

Look for the FLWSS shirts at HamCation!  in Orlando.

John Logsdon
K2STO
Having more fun with greater frequency