Re: [VHFcontesting] APRS and Contesting

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] APRS and Contesting
From: <gmitch@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:12:05 -0500
Duane, Well said I agree with your statement. Lets keep the challenge and
hone the skills. We seem to be moving away from what I see as the purpose
and challenge of "Weak Signal operation". Locating Rovers via a Network
takes the operating in a different direction. Next we could have automated
contacts and automated logging. That's ok but for  different contests. I
realize that Ham IM is different but here in the Mid-West my average 2 meter
contest contact is usually excess of 225-250 miles and seldom get closer
that 75-100 miles from another operator and for the 2 or 3 I get close
enough to we have no problem finding each other with RF. Of course this is
just what I experience here.

Gene
N0DQS/R