Re: [VHFcontesting] APRS and Contesting

To: Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] APRS and Contesting
From: k3lfo <k3lfo@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:52:55 -0400
You may want to take a look at the rules.  There are three sections ...
General Rules,  General Rules for VHF Contests, and Specific Rules for
each contest.

The following comes from the General Rules for VHF --

2.1.3.Use of spotting assistance or nets (operating arrangements
involving other individuals, DX-alerting nets, packet, etc) is not
permitted.

So, Multi ops can NOT use spotting nets etc.

Also in the main General Rules state--

3.10. The use of non-Amateur Radio means of communication (for example,
Internet or telephone) to solicit a contact (or contacts) during the
contest period is not permitted.

This one even disallows the use of a telephone  to solicit contacts.

Both of these rules apply to ALL classes so it does not make the rules
"lopsided and arbitrary".

Jim K3LFO/R